Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Retro Rubber Challenge 197

$5.00! What a bargain!
I saw this challenge about a week ago and thought I'd have to do some really creative thinking if I wanted to participate in it because I only have one stamp that's a coffee mug and it's a "pumpkin spice" theme. But this weekend while I was out yard sale-ing I came across this stamp set and the matching dies for $5.00 for both! At that price I would have picked it up no matter what, but it came in super handy for this challenge too.

Challenge 197 over at Retro Rubber is to get inspired by the picture below. I just love how cozy it is and I really don't know that I did it justice-I really wanted a glowing lights and kind of bokeh look. I saw a tutorial a few years back on how to do that, but with Christmas less than 2 weeks away I didn't want to attempt something too difficult.

My supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up Time for Tea Stamps & Dies (2018)
  • SU! Real Red Card Stock
  • Anna Griffin Gold & Cream Paper
  • Gold Paper from Michaels
  • Copics YR23, Y22, R29, YG13, Y23, Y35
  • Black Memento Ink
  • SU! Real Red Ink

In addition to the stamp & die set, I got all these Copic Markers for $10.00. I thought most would need to be reinked, but I was wrong. Most color really well. Some colors are duplicates that I already have, but at $10.00, I'll pass them on to someone else at some point. I figured if I only use 2 of them I'll be doing well.

$10.00 for ALL of these!

Unfortunately the seller didn't have a ton supplies this time. I also bought some glisteny embossing paste and a Stampin' Up! embossing buddy, which I really needed. I've found the ones at from Michaels to not be as good, so I'm excited to try it too.

I really enjoyed making this card for their challenge. Now I've got to get busy sending out some cards to family and friends. It's hard to believe it's almost Christmas already!

Thanks again to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber for inspiring me to make something out of the ordinary this week!

Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa this year!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable, Barb! I always loved this set - and this is perfectly cozy! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete