Thursday, December 15, 2022

Ornament Cards

Today I'm featuring a card that I made last year but am just sending out today. It's what I call an "ornament card." Quite simply, you make something of a tag that's not really attached to the card, cut a slit in the top of the card and string the ornament through. I used washi tape to hold down the top of the string on the inside of the card.

What I love about these cards is that you can make them with just about any image. But mostly it's nice for the recipient to have a little something extra to hang on the tree or wall.

I'm featuring this today because I'm using it as a Thank You/Christmas Card for someone who made a prayer shawl that I received at church this past week.

Our church had a special "Blue Christmas" service for those in our community who were struggling with sadness or loss. I didn't fit that category, but I was working in the tech room, and someone brought it back to me. I too make prayer shawls for others on occasion, but it was such a blessing to actually receive one! Just to know that I was in someone's thoughts and prayers this season meant so much.

Here's the note that was
attached to the shawl.

The only thing I know about the shawl is that it was made by Martha in the Tampa area. I'm mailing the card to her church and I'm certain someone there will pass it on to her.

My supply list for this card is:

  • Stampin' Up! Wonderful Blessing Stamp
  • Memento Green Ink
  • Michaels Gold Card Stock
  • SU! Poppy Parade Card Stock
  • Patterned Paper by Anna Griffin
  • Misc. Gold Twine

As an adult who basically has everything she wants (except maybe a room addition, but who's going to get that for me for Christmas!:) it's really nice how Christmas can turn into a time when we really want to be a blessing to others. I really feel that this year, not only through this gift, but through several things that have happened by way of the Angel Card Project. Connecting with others is such a beautiful part of this holiday season.

Here's the prayer shawl that I received! It's not too wide which is great because I can wear it as a
scarf or drape it over the chair like this. Thank you so much Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment