Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Rustic Christmas

There's just something about a manger scene that seems so rustic, so non-shiny; even so not red and green. Today's card seemed very much that way to me.

The stamp is from a Stampin' Up! set called "Best of Christmas." I picked it up at a yard sale this fall for $3.00-and it was brand new! My thought was to use the manger scene on the back of my more secular Christmas cards. I usually put a Bible verse or an inspirational quote on the back, but I thought a small manger scene would be perfect.

However, this is the first card I made with that little stamp and it's featured on the front. I used 15 different Copic's to color this in! Hard to believe since it's so small. The only thing I wished I had done differently is to make Jesus' robe a little less bright. Other than that I'm liking the card.

The inspiration to use the brown, which is actually Stampin' Up!'s Cinnamon Cider, came because I noticed today that it's really on sale for like $3.50 a pack since it will soon be discontinued. I wanted to check and see how much of it I had, and it ended up working perfectly for this card. I think I'll pick some more paper up because this is such an unusual color, and the price can't be beat!

The sentiment is from an old set of scrapbook paper that someone gifted me. It seems inevitable that as soon as someone knows I like to make cards they give me their unused paper, stamps, etc. I love it and am truly blessed in that way.

  • Anyway, my complete supply list is:
  • Stampin' Up! Best of Christmas Stamp Set
  • SU! Cinnamon Cider Card Stock
  • Gifted, Pre-Printed Sentiment
  • Speckletone True White Card Stock
  • Copics Y13, Y21, YR23, Y91, C1, C3, E01, E34, E55, E35, YG63, R83, V04, B21
  • SU! Basket Weave Embossing Folder
  • SU! Mossy Meadow Card Stock

I dearly love this card and will probably find a guy to send it to through the Angel Card Project this Christmas. I'll save the frilly and elegant ones for the girls, but cherish this one in my rustic heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment