Thursday, August 31, 2023

A Christmas Barn Door

Do you ever close your eyes and randomly grab a stamp set to work with? It's kind of a personal challenge that I sometimes do. Such was the case this morning, and I grabbed the set "Barn Door" from Stampin' Up!.

Although it's not a Christmas set, I made it into a Christmas card. Tomorrow is September 1 already, and we all know how quickly time goes by. I'll be needing those Christmas cards very soon.

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Barn Door Stamp Set
  • SU! Cherry Cobbler & Garden Green Card Stock
  • Speckletone True White Card Stock
  • SU! Baked Brown Sugar Ink
  • SU! Early Espresso Ink
  • Memento Love Letter Ink
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink
  • Copic E34
  • Simon Says Stamp Embossing Powder
  • Patterned Paper from Graphic 45

It was kind of fun making the barn door open and then stamping the second part of the saying inside that. The card still opens, and I stamped Merry Christmas and Happy New Year inside there using the same stamp that's on the envelope.

I bought this as part of a huge stash, and I do love it, but I have to admit that this one wasn't super easy for me to use. I keep thinking I need a horse for the inside. I'll definitely have to go on Pinterest or over to Splitcoast Stampers to get some better ideas for this one.

Well that's it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment