Friday, August 11, 2023

Celebrate Today Birthday Card

I'm dipping into my haul again today and I pulled out this older set called "Celebrate Today" from Stampin' Up! It's a really fun set to use, but it's not without its challenges. The big balloons are a lot of fun, but you definitely need a stamping platform because one impression doesn't seem to get enough coverage. I stamped these 2-3 times each. But once you get past that, it's pretty easy.

I pulled out some background paper from my stash, so I'm not sure what company it's from, but I love the bright colors and tried to match the balloons to that. My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Celebrate Today
  • White Card Stock
  • Misc. Patterned Paper
  • SU! Blueberry Bushel Ink
  • SU! Cucumber Crush Ink
  • SU! Poppy Parade Ink
  • SU! Pineapple Punch Ink
  • SU! Bashful Blue Ink
  • Versa Mark Ink
  • Michaels Snow White Embossing Powder
  • Doodlebug Designs Enamel Dots

The way most of my cards look
on the back.
I didn't think I'd like this card while I was making it. I had some difficulty with the embossing powder sticking to the balloons the second time. I should have used my embossing buddy, but I didn't need it the first time, but I felt the white dots on the balloons could be brighter and when I embossed them again, the static really showed. I decided to leave them that way, because sometimes balloons aren't perfect in real life. Plus, it will most likely be a young person who gets this card, and I'm sure they won't mind!

Another fun thing about this card is that it's the first one that I used my new "Snail Mail Studio" rubber stamp on the back. It matches the logo on my blog, and I thought it would be fun for people to see where there card came from. I may include some card making videos on the blog too, so new people may find that card making is a hobby they may enjoy too! It's fun to share out passions and spread more love too! We can never have too many card makers and card senders!

No comments:

Post a Comment