Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Retro Rubber Challenge #214

I'm so excited because today I'm the guest designer over at Retro Rubber's 214th Challenge, (RRCB214). It's a fun sketch challenge, which really means anything goes as far as stamping, as long as the stamp is at least one year old or older as always.

Well it's still summer and it's still hot, but I'm getting into the fall mood. I'm one of those "I love everything pumpkin" people that some people can't stand. I'm first in line for Pumpkin Spice Coffee, and do we really need Pumpkin Cheerios? Yes indeed! :)

Anyway, with fall just around the corner, I decided to create something special just for the season. This whimsical card seemed to be a bridge between summer (with its bright colors) and fall (with it's whimsical leaves). I used Stampin' Up!'s Lighthearted Leaves which dates back to 2015. It's so hard to believe this set is that old. Time goes by way too fast!


My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Lighthearted Leaves & Leaflet Dies (2015)
  • SU! Old Olive Card Stock and Ink
  • SU! Dotted Pumpkin Pie Paper
  • SU! Crushed Curry Card Stock
  • SU! Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder
  • SU! Soft Suede Ink
  • Speckletone True White Card Stock
  • Misc. Dotted Dark Green Paper (Hobby Lobby?)
  • Copics R08, YR18, E35, YG11, Y15, YG61
  • Hero Arts Sentiment CL342 (2014)

This set, along with it's more serious sister, Vintage Leaves, is one of my all-time favorite sets, and it was a joy to be able to use it in this challenge!

Thanks so much to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber for choosing my card earlier this summer and allowing me the honor of being a guest designer this time!

6 comments:

  1. Barbara, this is so gorgeous! I LOVE the colors you chose - I even remember this set - so fun! What a beautiful take on our sketch! Thanks so much for guesting with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! It's so nice being with you guys this time! :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful card !! congrats 💐☺️ happy day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love the rich colours and amazing layers. The stamps are awesome. I am LOL. I love Pumpkins too, but not everything. Great to have you with us as GDT, hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Claire RR DT x

    ReplyDelete