Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Retro Rubber Challenge #213

Well here's my entry for this week's Retro Rubber Challenge, RRCB213, which is to use the colors of the rainbow on a card. I just finished it and I'm not too sure it was what I was going for. Does that every happen to anyone else? I think I was looking for more genuine rainbow colors that were more evenly distributed on the card. I used them all, red, yellow, blue, green, orange and purple. But The green is a little lighter than normal and there's a lot more purple, yellow and blue. 

Either way, I think it's cute and I think it will make someone really happy, and that's the end goal for all cards anyway.

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Balloon Bash Stamps (2015)
  • SU! Pineapple Punch Card Stock
  • SU! Pacific Point Card Stock
  • White Card Stock
  • Gingham from My Favorite Things
  • Memento Love Letter Ink
  • Memento Grape Jelly Ink
  • Memento New Sprout Ink
  • Memento Tangelo Ink
  • Doodle Bug Enamel Dots
  • Spellbinders Labels Four Die
  • Sizzix Tickets Die
  • Hemptique Bakers Twine
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops in Red Berry
I had a lot of fun making this card, and it's one I never would have made without the inspiration of a challenge. Thanks so much to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber. If you haven't checked out their site, be sure to. All you have to do is to follow the theme and use a stamp that's at least 1 year old. It's so much fun playing along, and it's great to get a lot of good use from our older stamp sets!

3 comments:

  1. Very fun, Barb, I remember this set, lol. I think it looks great! It's funny how things that turn out differently than we expect still speak to others, too, lol, I know the feeling! Great rainbow effect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challange Blog!

    ReplyDelete