Sunday, June 11, 2023

NBUS #51 Challenge Entry

Have you ever bought a stamp set and been disappointed with it? Now I know it's not the set's fault, it's mine. And I think I have a solution, but first, it's my entry over at NBUS, Challenge #51.

Recently I bought a bunch of stuff from Stampin' Up! when they had their end of year catalog sale. One set I bought was the Cup of Tea Bundle that included a stamp set, dies, paper pack and envelope and cards. I fell in love with the patterned envelopes and matching card bases.

I had visions of using this set and putting an individually wrapped bag of tea inside. What an easy way to send some love through the mail!

So last night I got out all the supplies and made four cards. Although I love the finished product, I found the some of the small stamps and dies tedious to work with. 

Solutions 1: Make just one card. Sometimes when I make several cards at once, I get frustrated in the process, especially if something doesn't go as planned.

Solution 2: I don't have to use every component in the set. That would make for a fabulous looking card, but sometimes simple is good too.

All 4 Cards!
Solution 3: Go to Pinterest for inspiration. I thought about selling this set, but after visiting Pinterest, I found some really cute ideas using this set that are a lot more simple than what I started out doing.

So I'm keeping the set and trying to bring it down a notch or two with my next cards. Since it's still on my desk, I think I'll do that today. 

For these cards, my supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Cup of Tea Stamps & Dies
  • SU! Cup of Tea Printed Cards & Envelopes
  • SU! Cup of Tea DSP
  • SU! Poppy Parade Ink
  • SU! Parakeet Party Ink
  • SU! Garden Green Ink
  • SU! Soft Suede Ink
  • Speckletone Oatmeal Card Stock
  • Thin Gold Washi Tape
  • Misc. Paper Doilies

How cute are these envelopes? Offered in 4 colors and pattern
I think they are what sold me on this whole set!
Well that's it for today's post. Now it's back to my craft desk to shake off my intimidation of this semi-complicated set and create something a bit simpler-and to make just one card this time. I'm determined to make this new set one of my favorites!

Thanks to Darnell for hosting another great challenge, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog (and listening to my little rant) today! :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a great buy, Barb, and I am glad you persevered because the design is so pretty and your cards are sure to lift several someone's spirits! Sometimes when I get stuck halfway or frustrated, it helps me to remember the real reason for making a card is to send to someone, not to post on my blog. I definitely agree with your advice not to feel like you have to use all the elements in a set. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Darnell. And you're absolutely right, I need to remember that it's sending the cards that really matters. Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement! :)

      Delete