Friday, June 23, 2023

Retro Rubber Challenge #209

It certainly is summer now! It's light where I live until almost 8:30 at night and watermelon is abundant! And over at Retro Rubber they're celebrating by having their challenge be a summer themed card. (rrcb209)

There were so many ideas in my head with which way to go with this one. I absolutely love watermelon, but I don't have a real watermelon stamp-only a digital one. Then I thought of the 4th of July. I love that too. Nothing screams summer like some red, white and blue stars on a card. But I dug around in one of my stamp boxes and found this cutie that I haven't used for several years. It was a lot of fun to pull it out and create with it again.

The stamp set is from 2011 or 2012. I Googled Avocado Arts and sadly, their last post was in 2016. Being in business can really be tough. However, I know that my stamp is about 11 or 12 years old and I've had it about 10 years. It's a really fun set with several more images than I used on my card.

Here's my supply list:

  • White Card Stock
  • Black Card Stock
  • Doodlebug Designs Petite Prints Paper
  • Avocado Arts Grillin' and Chillin' 
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Michaels White Embossing Powder
  • Copics Y02, Y38, Y06, BG23, DV29
  • Black Enamel Dots
In order to pull off using four colors, I had to make this card 4.25 x 6 inches. It's a little differently sized so I plan on mailing it in a clear slimline envelope which I bought on Amazon.

It was really fun making this card. Thanks so much to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber for some summertime inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Barb, this is the perfect summertime card - what great images! Love your bright coloring and playful layout - this is really darling! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks so much Heather! Summer challenges are always so fun!

      Delete
  2. I have some Avocado Arts stamps too! I love this! Your colouring matching the papers underneath is so clever, I am pinning this as a great idea to CASE. Thank you for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! That’s so cool that you have some of their stamps too! I think it was a small company, and it’s sad that they are no longer around, but there stamps are really nice. This is my only set and I really like it because it’s perfect for summer. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! 😊

      Delete