Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Retro Rubber Challenge 208 - Sweet Summer

The timing on today's card is so perfect! I used this set called Hello Cupcake (from 2019) on a couple of other cards a year ago. I just mailed one out this morning and, having only one left, thought that I need to make some more because they're so cute. An hour later I went over to Retro Rubber's Challenge #208 (RRCB208) and saw that the theme this time is Sweet Summer! So perfect! 

I pulled out my set and managed to coordinate inks, Copics and papers to come up with this cute card. I love the theme of Challenge 208 because it really screams "summer!" Unfortunately, I didn't use ice cream stamps, and their whole team did, so I broke that mold. But all their cards are truly adorable and so very summery.

Here's my supply list:

  • Stampin' Up! Hello Cupcake (2019)
  • Orange & Red Card Stock (Joann)
  • Doodlebug Designs Petite Prints Patterned Paper
  • Misc. Yellow Gingham Paper
  • Memento Toffee Crunch
  • Memento Ladybug Ink
  • Memento Rose Bud Ink
  • Memento Catelope Ink
  • Memento Dandelion Ink
  • Memento Tangelo Ink
  • Stampin' Up! Parakeet Party Ink
  • Copics E30, RV00, R20, Y23, Y11, YR02, RV52 and YG11

It was fun to get this set out again and make a happy rainbow card with it. On the left I've included a picture of the last card I made using this too. It made a perfect slimline card with all those piles of icing! Today's card wasn't quite as tall, but I still needed it to be bigger than the standard A2 size. I was able to get all 6 scoops on a 4.25 x 6.25 size which is an A-4 size. I had some extra A4 envelopes so that worked out well.

It's a really fun set and you can probably pick it up for not a lot of money if you stumble upon in on eBay or such. I actually picked mine up at a yard sale, not sure if I would really like it or not. I'm so glad I did!

Thanks so much to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber for another fun challenge! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and have a sweet summer!

8 comments:

  1. Love it, Barb - this is still one of my fave cupcake sets - such a fun frosting topper! Love your bright colors and playful design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Heather! 😊

      Delete
  2. Love the layered cupcake! My husband would love all that frosting!! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, thank you so much for your kind comments. My hubby would like that too!

      Delete
  3. Cute card! Love the layered cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card.. I would love a cupcake IRL that looked like this LOL. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT x

    ReplyDelete