Thursday, June 22, 2023

Word Art Wednesday #601 & #602

I just fell in love with this verse over at Word Art Wednesday this week. How beautiful to think that the Lord is our dwelling place. It's so easy for me to get stressed about things, often running to and fro, trying to figure things out. But Psalm 90:1 reminds us that He is our dwelling place. 

Curious about all that really means, I consulted my Strong's Concordance and looked up the word "dwelling." As I thought it would, it means tent, covering, tabernacle and/or, my personal favorite, home. Home is what came to my mind when I first read this verse.

I've always had a deep love for houses and homes. As a child I would look at and study the floor plans that were always advertised at the bottom of the comic pages. And that love continues today. Spending time on Zillow and looking around other people's houses all over the country is one of my favorite ways to relax. There's just something comforting about walls that hold love, safety, warmth and comfort.

No wonder the Psalmist compares God to a dwelling place. He's all those things to us. Home, and God, is where we choose to live, both physically and spiritually.

Strong's also said that the dwelling place was a place where God's people met with God through Moses, and He revealed His will to them there. How I would love to get messages from God like they did! But we have His Word. And that really does give me comfort.

And I'm hoping that this card will convey some of that comfort to the person who receives it.

Now, for how I made it! 

I knew I wanted an image of a house, and a more serious one. I have some cute-sy house stamps, but this seemed to call for something sturdy, strong and comforting. Since I don't have time to order something or run to Michaels, I relied on a digital stamp from Pixabay. It's actually just a hand-drawn image, but they work really well for a digital stamp too-and the best part is it's free! Actually all the images over there are, so if you are ever in need of a quick "stamp" be sure to give them a try.

I just downloaded both images onto my desktop then placed them both in a Pages (or Word) document and resized them to look balanced. I wanted the two images to be easily seen, so I made them fit on a 5 x 7 card. I then printed out the page on 60 pound card stock from Michaels and colored the house and sky with Copics. Lastly I trimmed it down and mounted it on card stock and patterned paper.

My complete supply list is:

Many thanks to Karen and her wonderful team for their beautiful artwork, and for helping me make a card that hopefully will be a blessing to someone very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb. Your card is absolutely beautiful. What a perfectly fitted card to send someone. It's going to be greatly appreciated, I'm sure and you tell that you put great thought and care into it. Thanks SO much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so blessed to see that you enjoyed using the free word art/scripture. Thanks SO much for playing along with us and please join us again soon. Have a blessed and creative week and may God bless you.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate word art Wednesday and all the hard work you do over there. I love the Scriptures and it’s such a joy and incorporating them into a card. it’s a pleasure to play along! ☺️

      Delete