Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Playing With Yellow Inks

As I'm thinking about buying some of the new Stampin' Up! Inks, I wanted to go back and take a good look at some of the ones that I currently have and analyze if I really need anything new.

I started with the yellows in my collection and came up with the colors on the right.

I feel like some of the Stampin' Up! inks are a little darker than I remember them. I don't know if they get darker over time or if it's just me.

But right now I feel like I'm doing really well with the yellows, and as much as I would love to buy the new Lemon Lolly, I think I'm going to wait a little and force myself to use my Memento Dandelion, which too often I end up ignoring.

After this analysis, I used the flowers and came up with this card:

I used one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets called Pretty Perennials. I just love flowers, and images that are a little muted, that is, not perfectly solid. I appreciate not only how natural they seem, but how forgiving they are if your image isn't stamped perfectly.

In addition to that set and the mentioned colors above, the middle of each flower is stamped with SU! Early Espresso. The smaller flowers are SU! Cinnamon Cider. The leaves are SU! Pear Tart and Memento's Olive Grove.

As much as I love to shop and get new things, there's always something that gives me a reality check to see if I really need the products. As soon as the Memento Dandelion runs out, I'll definitely replace it with the Stampin' Up! new light yellow, Lemon Lolly. Their stamp pads are the best I've ever used, but for now, I'll use what I have. After all, I can still make some great cards, and that's what it's all about anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment