Monday, July 17, 2023

Circle Loom Knit Scarf (Using Leftovers)

Loom knitting is something that I picked up years ago to pass the time away while I watched TV with the family. I really love having something to keep my hands busy, but I still wanted to be able to carry on a conversation, so some crafts, like cross-stitching, are more difficult to mix with that. Loom knitting was perfect.

I learned from a guy named Mikey over at The Crochet Crowd. His YouTube tutorials are so easy to follow. If you're not familiar with loom knitting, here's a link to his page, Loom Knitting For Beginners.

This scarf was made using leftover Hygge Yarn from Red Heart. In my opinion, it's the best yarn ever! It's soft and fuzzy, just like Hygge should be! They used to carry it at Joann's, but I haven't been able to find it there any more. It may be discontinued, or it may be still available at Red Heart's website. And if you see it at a yard sale, thrift store or on eBay, definitely pick it up. I think you'll really love it!

I started with the brown, but wanted the scarf a little longer, so I came up with the idea of adding cream yarn (the same kind, Hygge) to the end, then making coordinating tassels to make it look like I intended it to look that way.

Scarves are great for Snail Mail gifts, especially around Christmas. Up north so many people could really use one, and they're great because they're "one size fits all." This one I'll probably send out this upcoming holiday season.

All things considered, I really like this one, and I'm hoping someone else will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment