Sunday, July 30, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #596

Judy over at Freshly Made Sketches has created such a clever design. It's simply to leave the bottom half of the card plain and decorate only the top part. So simple and yet so fun! (FMS596)

I chose to use a new stencil that I bought this summer. I wanted to ink it up before I played around with using fabric paint on it, as I'm not sure how easy it will be to clean after that. It took a couple of tries, but I got a pretty good image.

Stenciling is so much fun, but there is an art to it. I think having good quality paper is key. I used Michael's 110# card stock, and while that's usually a good choice, for stenciling I think the fibers showed through just a bit more than I would like. I do have some Stampin' Up! Whisper White that I'll try next time. But since it's less than 24 hours before this challenge ends, I'm sticking with my finished card. 

My complete supply list is:

  • Pink & Main Poinsettia Stencil
  • White Card Stock
  • Stampin' Up! Poppy Parade Ink & Card Stock
  • SU! Real Red Ink
  • SU! Cucumber Crush Ink
  • SU! Garden Green Ink
  • SU! Pineapple Punch Ink
  • Tsukineko Galaxy Gold Ink
  • SU! Peace & Joy Stamps & Dies

I really like how this card turned out, and I'm so grateful to Judy and everyone over at Freshly Made Sketches for another fun challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you used the sketch!! That bold poinsettia on top is lovely and the sentiment to divide the two sections is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete