Friday, July 28, 2023

Crocheting With Bloom Yarn


One thing I love about shopping at Walmart is the fact that you can pick up a few skeins of yarn along with your groceries. There's just something about some fresh yarn just waiting to be looped into something that someone will love. Such was the case on a recent shopping trip.

Premier's Bloom Yarn has fascinated me since I first saw it at Walmart. It's not only self-striping, but is supposed to make little flowers as you stitch along, as the label shows.

Now I'm a crocheter, not a knitter, so I didn't follow the pattern, but still hoped to get a somewhat similar look with some different stitches. First I tried the circle loom as shown below. I thought this would be my best chance at getting the desired flowers to show up. As you can see, it just looked more speckled than anything. I like the look, but realizing that I'd use up both skeins for just one scarf and still not have what I was hoping for, I abandoned this and just hooked two simple scarves, complete with tassels.

It was fun to give this yarn a try, but I think it will be best when used by those who knit instead of crochet. Still, I have two pretty scarves to give to someone this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment