Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Retro Rubber Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #211


This card was made especially for Retro Rubber's Challenge #211 (rrcb211). It's a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge that was a lot of fun. I chose the bottom row because patterned paper and twine are two of my favorite things to work with (and I have lots of both). The challenge for me in that row was incorporating stenciling, so I started with that part. 

Using a Tim Holtz Stencil and some Pink & Main Paste I pasted over the stencil directly onto the card then let it dry overnight. In the morning I ran it through the Minc laminator using gold foil. After seeing that, I couldn't help thinking I should turn it into a Christmas Card.The sentiment was the last thing I did, and although it doesn't say "Merry Christmas," the style and size fit. I may end up using it as a birthday or get well card that I send out in December.
My complete supply list is:

Stampin' Up! Floral Essence Stamp Set (2019)
Speckletone True White Card Stock
Tim Holtz Stencil
Graphic 45 Patterned Paper
Generic Green Twine
SU! Garden Green Card Stock
SU! Cherry Cobbler Card Stock
Embossing Powder in Cream & Gold
Sentiment from SU! Blooms & Wishes

It was a fun challenge, as tic-tac-toes usually are. If you'd like to join in the fun any time, visit them over at Retro Rubber and play along!

A different angle shows the gold better!

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Barb, and well played! Love your colors, and it does indeed look very festive - love the look of the heat emboss on the color! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Barb, I love the gold heat embossing and all the layers. I just realised that you live in Tampa!! I too live in Tampa. Thanks for playing with the Retro Rubber challenge this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, that's so cool that you're in Tampa! It seems like everyone lives so far away. We are actually in Kenneth City which is a small town right next to St. Pete. I'm glad you like my card too. Retro Rubber is always fun! :)

      Delete