Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Retro Rubber 210 & NBUS Challenge 52 Card

This card was made for a sketch challenge over at Retro Rubber for their 210th Challenge, as well as my NBUS card for July.  

For the sketch challenge at Retro Rubber (RRCB#210), it's kind of a stretch for me. Using bricks as the second block in the back isn't something I usually do, but it seems to fit. And the pot of flowers was used in place of the  long rectangle.

For my NBUS Challenge, this set is a new one to me. I bought it recently when it was on clearance at Stampin' Up! I would have loved to have gotten the dies too, but my budget was better served without making that purchase! But I loved the set enough to buy it alone. It's so unique and really makes a nice addition to my stamp stash.

After making the card, the window wasn't centered, and I didn't want to waste the card base and liner, so I used a Copic marker to make a dark brown line to balance it out and add some accent. I think it makes it look more like it's the corner of a building, so I like that too.

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Welcoming Window Stamp Set (2021)
  • SU! Crumb Cake Card Stock
  • SU! Soft Suede Ink
  • SU! Seaside Spray Ink
  • Memento Potter's Clay Ink
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink
  • Memento Tangelo Ink
  • Brutus Monroe Vanilla Ice Cream Embossing Powder
  • Versa Mark Ink
  • SU! To A Wild Rose (sentiment)

This was a fun card to make. Thanks so much to everyone over at both NBUS and Retro Rubber for encouraging me to pull this one out today!

3 comments:

  1. What a great take on the sketch, Barb, and a lovely use of the stamp set! I think your addition of the dark offset border to balance the composition is genius! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great take on our sketch, Barb! I love this approach! And what a fabulous set to showcase, too - love your background bricks! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete