Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Washi Tape Roll Napkin Rings

After gathering and buying the decorations for my 4th of July table, I realized the one thing I forgot were the napkin rings.

We’re pretty casual eaters, especially since the kids have left home. Sitting in our recliners in front of the TV is the norm for our dinner. Consequently I didn’t have any napkin rings. We didn’t actually need them on the 4th, but I thought it would be nice to give the bandanas some flair. 

I thought about the things I had on hand, and washi tape rolls and jute cording came to mind. I also thought it would fit the Americana look quite well.

The materials are simple:

  • Mini Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
  • Washi Tape Rolls (about 2” wide)
  • Jute Cording
And here’s the really funny thing, the washi tape still has some on each roll and after our dinner, I plan on peeling off the jute, using the washi tape up then glueing it back on! 

From now on I’m saving my washi tape rolls!

STEP 1:

My washi tape rolls were about 1 7/8" wide. This was the perfect size for my napkins, although a bit bigger or smaller may work too. Measure and cut 3 feet of jute per roll.

STEP 2:
I started with a dab of hot glue on the inside of each roll, pressed it down with a paper clip and held it there for a minute to let the glue dry.


STEP 3:
Cut off 2 1/2  to 3 yards of cord per roll. Wrap it around the roll, tightly spacing it on the outside. The inside will be a little bunched up but that's okay.

STEP 4:
End the wrapping by dabbing a bit of hot glue inside the roll again, only this time the glue will be on the jute. Wrap the jute over the glue and hold for another minute. Trim closely on the inside of the roll.

Using napkin rings really made the bandanas fluff out which was perfect for the big placemats.

The napkins make a nice addition to my 4th of July table.

No comments:

Post a Comment