Tuesday, September 12, 2023

NBUS Challenge #54


I bought this cute Avery Elle set off of eBay years ago. I thought it was adorable, and it was a good deal because the dies were included. But even though I loved the set, I just never used it, until yesterday. On a whim I pulled it out, played around with it and got this card! Perfect for NBUS's Challenge #54!

I planned on cutting out the umbrella using the die, but when I went to do that I realized that the perches or branches weren't positioned correctly. So instead of mounting it on patterned paper like I planned, I watercolored little areas around the branches. I'm glad that happened because it's a technique I don't use often but really like. And it's also part of my NBUS-I used Stampin' Up! Boho Blue to do the watercoloring. I just got that in the mail last week!

Oops! It looks like I have the YG11 cap on two
different green markers!
My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Granny Apple Green Card Stock
  • White Card Stock
  • Avery Elle Tweet Tweet Stamp Set & Dies
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Lots of Copics (see pic)
  • SU! Boho Blue Ink
  • SU! Clear Shimmery Self-Adhesive Rhinestones
  • Sun Die from an Ebay Seller

This was a really fun card to make and I'm so happy to have finally used something that I've been sitting on for way too long. Thanks Darnell for helping us discover new things we already had!🐌

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Barb! Thank YOU for inspiring everyone at NBUS with your cute card! It's funny that you said you pulled it out "on a whim" because these stamps are delightfully whimsical! And I love the way you watercolored the background like that! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Darnell, that is funny, and I didn't even think about it! :) Thanks so much for the kind words and fun challenge! :)

      Delete