Friday, September 1, 2023

Time Out Challenge 246

I've been over to Time Out Challenges before, but today it really hit me that they have some really cool challenges and I've been missing out. Today's Challenge really spoke to me. It's a Word Challenge from the Chinese Proverb that says, "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

I just love this Proverb for several reasons. First of all, I just love trees. I've planted at least a dozen in my lifetime. I always seem to buy houses that don't have a lot of trees. In fact, my current house which was 50 years old when we moved into it had no trees at all on the property. Crazy! I've since planted several. So this Proverb really makes sense to me!

My card reflects that Proverb too. The acorns signify the trees that can be planted now. The oak leaves signify trees that were planted 20 years ago. And the wood background signifies really old trees that were cut down and used for wood. The green leaves are just thrown in there for a little color.

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Wonderfall Stamp Set
  • SU! Old Olive Ink
  • SU! Pumpkin Pie Ink
  • SU! Cajun Craze Ink
  • Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
  • Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
  • Sentiment from SU! Forever Fern Set
  • Wood Paper From Reminisce
  • Sentiment Die from My Favorite Things

Thanks to everyone over at Time Out Challenges for creating this challenge. This was such a fun one for me, and I'm making it a point to participate more often over there!


Lastly, a couple of pictures of the tree we planted last spring. It's called a Pigeon Plum.

I liked it because it's a mid sized tree with leaves that are easy to rake! Those are my wonderful guys (hubby and son) helping me with it.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and listening to me talk a little too much about trees today! :)

6 comments:

  1. So glad our quote at Time Out Challenges inspired this lovely card. Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. I am glad you liked the challenge and that you are a plant lover yourself and have been instrumental in making our Earth - better :) It's a gorgeous card and I love the way you arranged the leaves and differentiated them with lovely colors. Thank you for taking time out. Hope you are also inspired to join in for our current Photo challenge. Hugs ~Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to drop by and say congratulations Barb. Your card was chosen as an honourable mention for Time Out Challenge #246. Grab your badge from the blog and wear it with pride! Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Kate, thank you so much! I am honored! I will be over to get my badge!

      Delete