Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #330

This is the biggest reason that I LOVE challenges! Today’s card is for  Challenge #330 over at Cardz 4 Guyz. This time they wanted us to make a masculine card that had poppies on it. That certainly is a challenge!

My take on it was to use this flower stamp from the Floral Essence set from Stampin' Up! It didn't officially say that it was a poppy. 

I've only seen poppies once in my life out in Colorado. They don't grow here in Florida. It was at an abandoned service station Greeley. Purely by chance as we were driving through a residential neighborhood, we stumbled upon a beautiful bed of perfect poppies. I was over the moon!

Anyway, I thought this stamp looked like a poppy. In order to keep it masculine, I used gray paper instead of white or cream. And instead of coloring the entire poppy, I only highlighted the middle. Same with the leaves. The black textured background also adds to the masculine nature of the card.

The poppies in Greeley, Colorado.
My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Forial Essence Stamp Set
  • SU! Basic Gray Card Stock (base)
  • Misc. Dotted Gray Paper (front)
  • Black Card Stock
  • Darice Embossing Folder
  • SU! Poppy Parade Card Stock
  • Prismacolor Pencils #922 & #912

Like I mentioned, this is why I love challenges. I would have never made this card without the inspiration from Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks so much to everyone over there for helping me create another guy card!

6 comments:

  1. Boy, did we give you a real challenge this time around...poppies and masculine!! It was a tough one but you nail it...with those pen & ink poppies on your black and gray background!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz with our Poppies/Remembrance challenge. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G330

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Yes, it was a tough one but I love that! ☺️

      Delete
  2. Pretty card. Great design and love the poppies photo . Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Billie! It was a fun challenge as usual! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful - love how you've coloured the poppies.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete