Saturday, September 30, 2023

Soft Fall "Thinking of You" Card

Today’s card is a sweet, "thinking of you" autumn card that features a stack of pumpkins. The digital download is a freebie. I accented the card with Stampin’ Up! card stock in the following colors: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Wild Wheat.

The background paper is something that was given to me along time ago, and it was old then, so I’m not sure what brand that is. I like it though, because it’s quite thin, and I was able to easily make an envelope with it, as well as accent the front of the card.

I also used a piece of raffia, and in order to make it stay put, I punched a hole in the side of the card, and then in the fold of the card. I didn’t tie it in a bow because I wanted it to be gender neutral.

Making the envelope was sort of an accident. Instead of cutting the card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, it was cut 4 x 5 1/2. So I decided to make a homemade envelope so that it would fit better. I really like how the whole thing looks all together. I think it's a great fall card.

One other little thing I did was used a standard hole punch and punched out three little circles out of the patterned paper and used them as an accent on the bottom. I love using enamel dots for things like this, but I don't always have the right colors. In times like that, punching out a few works perfectly. You can even get some clear glaze glue, such as Ranger Glossy Accents, and put it over top of them. It will look even more like real enamel dots.

Here's the free digi. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Page Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 

Enjoy, and Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment