Thursday, March 21, 2024

Three Challenges-1 Card

Well, first of all, this card almost didn't make it this far. I was so close to throwing it in the trash because it just didn't look like I had hoped. I began using Sketch #628 over at Freshly Made Sketches. I was trying so hard to choose a patterned paper that could be the springboard to the whole card, which is the small piece in the center of the wreath. Looking back now, that paper seems too small and when I tried to pull the other colors out of it, they seemed too bold.

The next thing I did was to use a NBUS item, which was the decorative die, so that qualified me to enter it over at the NBUS Challenge #60. I got it as a freebie with an order from scrapbook.com. Which is really cool since the retail price is $15.00 now. They really have some good freebies there. Anyway, the die is really designed for Christmas, but I thought I could pull it off as a spring piece since the leaves (especially the holly) aren't too pronounced.

After doing that, I realized that I'd need a big sentiment so it wouldn't get lost with all the detail, and I thought it would be a perfect entry for the new Word Power #3 Challenge.

I think it was finally the word HELLO that made me keep the card. It does have a fun look and I do think someone who isn't as critical as me will love it. 

Here's my complete supply list for this one:

  • 110# White Card Stock
  • Pink & Main Hello Die
  • Papertrey Lovely Lady Card Stock
  • Stampin' Up! Elegant Eggplant Card Stock
  • SU! Poppy Parade Card Stock
  • Wreath Die from Scrapbook.com
  • Unknown Patterned Paper (from my stash)
  • Rhinestones from Michaels
  • Swirl Embossing Folder

This card reminds me of a t-shirt that my hubby has. It reads: I never lose. I either win or learn. -Nelson Mandela. So having said that, I think that this card is kind of both. I'm grateful to have made a card that's kind of cute, but I do think I've learned a little here too. 

Thanks for stopping by today, and never stop creating, even when you're ready to toss things in the trash!

7 comments:

  1. Learning is good, Barb, and I think you learned you are too overly-critical of yourself! I'm glad you persevered because it is a delightful hello card for springtime! I agree with you that the leafy die can be used all year long - score! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic and absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very lovely card! I love the pretty patterned paper and the beautiful diecut! The colour combination is so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love the bold colors you used on your card! Great mix of texture and patterns! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete