Tuesday, April 2, 2024

John 6:29 Phone Wallpaper

I almost feel a little sacrilegious talking about this scripture. The only work God wants us to do us believe. Really?! Jesus said that? It seems to good to be true. In my legalistic mind, I must add my good works; correct thinking.

Yes, all those latter things are good and desirable, but the only work God wants us to do is believe. At least according to Jesus. Hmmmm….

Okay. I’m going with that. 

I do think however that God is pleased when we add things to our faith. But they are by-products of our faith. Not the other way around. 

As an American and a somewhat-evangelical, I’m still struggling with this. We say that salvation is by faith alone, but somehow the messages from our pulpits still makes me feel that I must measure up. 

This phone wallpaper is a perfect reminder of the total and complete work that Jesus did for us on the cross. Thank you Lord! 

The top of this is intentionally left blank to allow for your phone to display the time.
You may have to adjust the image a bit as you place it on your phone. Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment