Monday, April 1, 2024

Upcycled Calendar Card - Straw Hat


Spring cleaning has hit me, and while my craft area is in fairly decent shape, I had a few stragglers lying around. A Lang calendar was one of them. I made a Christmas card with one of the pages late last year. It was fun and it's a good feeling to be able to create something that someone else can enjoy while giving something old some new life too.

Today I used another page from that calendar to create a birthday card. What really jumped out at me this time was the adorable straw hat. I fussy-cut it out and then cut some flowers out into a rectangle. Stampin' Up!'s Soft Suede card stock and ink and Blushing Bride card stock pulled it all together.

The card seemed to need a bold sentiment to balance it out. That came from a set that Michaels sold a while back.

It can be a little tricky upcycling calendars because the images are often so large, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. 

I hope this will inspire you to use some of your old calendars to make a card or two. Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment