Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday & NBUS Challenges!

Well, I really tried here, but I must say that I'm not 100% thrilled with my first completed card, but since I made it for Try A Sketch on Tuesday, I'm submitting it. And since this is a NBUS stamp set, I'm entering it over there too. Just in time for the end of the month there!

I used Stampin' Up!'s Celebrate You stamp set. It's an older one that I picked up at a garage sale. I love the set, but because it's a single image stamp, I'm somewhat challenged as to how to make the best of them. For my first card, which is the one I made for TSOT, I stamped it then colored it in a little. 

The colors were supposed to coordinate with the patterned paper. I think it's all pretty good except the purple candle on the cake. 

It also seemed a little busy with my paper choices, so I moved the components around a little, however you can still see the similarity to the sketch.

Next time I think I'll use one busy paper and one less busy. Still, I'm hoping someone will like getting this for their birthday sometime soon!

Since the stamp set was still on my desk, I thought I'd give it another try. Using a stamping platform I stamped the image, then stamped over it with Versa Mark and added clear embossing powder, giving it a red embossed look. I mounted it on some old patterned paper for the background, making sure it wasn't too busy this time. I like this second on better, and will keep trying with this set.

For the first card, here's my complete supply list:

  • SU! Celebrate You Stamp Set
  • SU! Marina Mist Ink
  • Unity Stamps Birthday Party Patterned Papers
  • Copics R83, Y14 & V04
  • SU! Rose Red Paper
  • SU! Dots
  • Verve Sentiment

Well that's it for these two. One thing I love about papercrafting is making mistakes and learning from them and doing better the next time.

Thanks so much to both NBUS and Try A Sketch on Tuesday for helping me be a little more creative this week! And thanks for stopping by today!


10 comments:

  1. I like them both, Barb! Your first card is busy, but the papers coordinate, so it looks cohesive to me. It's certainly celebratory and someone will definitely love receiving it! The same with your second colorful and classic design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Darnell! You're always so upbeat and encouraging. I really appreciate you. :)

      Delete
  2. Both cards are a little out-of-the box interpretations of the challenge; but I do see some familiarity of the sketch in the first card. Love the patterned papers and colors used on both cards. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne! I should have been clearer in my post. It was only the first card that was made for the TSOT Challenge. The second one was from the same set so I included it. Thanks so much for your kind words and for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. I like the mixture of colours for both cards - very cute. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job of persevering. The first card is a little busy (for me), but it feels very festive and celebratory. I like the curved stamped sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! And yes, persevering is often needed in card making! :)

      Delete
  5. Love how you moved the circle up! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSOT!

    -- Dalis
    https://www.instagram.com/stamprgrl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dalis! It was a fun challenge! :)

      Delete