Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Hurried Hanukkah Card

My son is home now waiting to start school and we've been watching the show Master Chef. Contestants are asked to make specific dishes in a short amount of time. The best dish wins that round. They run around the kitchen like crazy as they make the most amazing dish they possibly can before the timer goes off.

That's the way I felt making this card!

It seems the older I get the quicker time passes. It seems like is should still be summer, yet here we are in the first week of December.

All year long I've been making mental notes of the Hanukkah rubber stamps and paper that I had. And I kept thinking, I've got everything I need to make the perfect card when the time comes. Well, yikes, it's here already and way too soon. 

It took me about 20 minutes just to find all the supplies. Once that happened, it came together nicely.

Here's my supply list for this card:

  • Star of David Paper (from my stash)
  • Stampin' Up! Blueberry Bushel Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Boho Blue Card Stock
  • CTMH Festival of Lights Stamp Set
  • Memento Danube Blue Ink
  • Copic B21
  • Silver Paper from Hobby Lobby

I really wanted to send this with a Hanukkah postage stamp, but didn't have one. Once again, I was at the post office so many times and saw them, but thought I had plenty of time to buy one. It was more important that it got in the mailbox today than have the right stamp, and it did make today's mail.

This year Hanukkah runs from December 7 to December 15. I'm pretty sure it will make it there by the 15th.

This hurried up card gives me new motivation to try and be more diligent and organized with all my cards this upcoming year. There's nothing wrong with making a Hanukkah card in July, which is what I'm hoping to do in 2024. I'll be good and ready next year!

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment