Thursday, December 21, 2023

NBUS Challenge #57 (Cheerfoil)

I'm getting one more NBUS Challenge in just before Christmas because I just bought a new product and wanted to share it, even though it didn't go quite as planned. That's part of the fun!

Today was a really fun crafting day. I went to Pink & Main's store in Palmetto, Florida this morning. It's less than half an hour from my house and I feel so blessed to have a craft store to visit when I want to get a little crazy. It's their factory and store, so it's not going to close down like to many of the local brick and mortar craft stores. In fact, aside from Joann, Michaels and a Hobby Lobby that's a bit too far away, all the craft stores are gone from my area. Pink & Main is a haven for me!

I have one of their Minc machines, and it's a lot of fun to foil things for card making. I only had gold, so today I picked up a new Cheer Foil (their brand). It looked white, or silvery, but it turns out it was clear. It took some trial and error, but I was able to create a couple of cards as a result.

The sparkly colors are only supposed to take
where the black is, but it took over the white too.
I'll have to play around with this product a 
little bit more!
The first card got messed up. I foiled the front of a base and the foil was supposed to only stick where the black is, but if you look closely you can see that the foiled adhered where the white is too. I then tried to foil on a sheet of regular card stock, but it didn't take. Thankfully I had some toner-based card stock in blue, which I used with the clear Cheer Foil I bought today and it looks cute. I was going for a snowy feel and I think I've got that.

Once I had the base, I mounted a digital stamp that I created on the front and framed it with black card stock.

The other card that I'm featuring here is one that was supposed to be the base for the one that got messed up. It's super plain, but as least I was able to salvage it and use it as a New Year's card.

This one was supposed to be a base for the messed
up on on the left. I salvaged it with a few
rhinestones. I didn't want to put flowers on it
because I thought it could be a good
masculine card.
It's a simple design using just glitter paper, silver shiny paper, rhinestones and a stamps from Avery Elle. It will be a great card for just the right person.

Despite feeling a little defeated in my craft room, I did have fun making both of these and using a NBUS product too!

Thanks so much Darnell for encouraging us to use our old and new NBUS products. I really enjoy your challenges!

If anyone is interested in the snowman, here's the free digi. I simply cut him out and glued him on my card front. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Page Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 
I hope you enjoy the freebie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment