Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Triple Challenge Masculine Birthday Card

Today's card is kind of a triple challenge for me, and I'm not even entering it in any blog challenges!

The first challenge is because it's for a guy. No offense to the guys, but it is a little harder making these. The second challenge is that it's for someone in a facility that can't have layers on their cards. I wanted more than to just stamp the words happy birthday on a sheet of paper, so I came up with this design.

The third challenge, which isn't really a challenge, is that he would like a word search or something brainy to do. I would love to include something, but have to run to the store first. If I had ink in my printer I would certainly print something out, but this is something that I certainly should have in my snail mail arsenal. After today, I'm on a mission to always have something fun to put inside a card.

Anyway, I made this card with a cut out and the truck is on the inside. It's interesting enough, but still one layer so I think it will pass the test. I used stencils in addition to stamps to give it more interest. The only down side is that the ink did bleed through on the very back of the card, but there's really nothing I could have done about that since it's a single layer card. 

When you open it up it looks like this:


I'm hoping that this man will enjoy his pickup truck and that he has a good birthday. It's often hard to have a birthday around Christmas. The card will be a little late and I hate that, but I'm sure it will cheer him up anyway.

My complete supply list is:

  • 110# White Card Stock
  • Stampin' Up! Basic Grey Ink
  • SU! Parakeet Party Ink
  • SU! Seaside Spray Ink
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Taylored Expressions Big Delivery Stamp Set
  • LDRS Rainy Day Stencil
  • Tim Holtz Herringbone Stencil
  • Sizzix Ornate Labels #3 Die
  • Copics B00, B23, B29, C5, E97, Y02 and R14

Well that's it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment