Friday, February 3, 2023

Easter Flowers

Even though it’s almost 2 weeks until Valentine’s Day, and I love making frilly red and pink cards, my thoughts are moving towards Easter too.

Today’s card is made using a really old (2010) stamp called “Because I Care” from Stampin’ Up! It’s one that I still love because it’s easy to use and doesn’t require any coloring. 

Memento inks are just the right size to stamp two colors on one image. I did this twice using a stamping platform. 

Cutting was old school too. This set was made way before dies were really a thing, and we had to fussy cut things by hand. I used small bee scissors to do this and it’s so relaxing for me. 

Lastly, I wanted to match the purple ink (Memento's Lilac Posies) to some patterned paper, but that was impossible. This color is so unusual that I had literally nothing in that range that would remotely match it, even though I have quite a bit of paper. I decided to compliment it with yellow, and I'm really pleased with how the whole card looks.

It's nice, on a rainy February day, to think about spring, Easter and sunnier days.

On the right is the view from my backyard this morning. We're grateful for the rain; as you can see the grass really needs it. But in Florida these cozy days are rare and I love them. It's a perfect excuse to stay home and make a few more cards!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment