Thursday, February 9, 2023

Forever Fern Spring Card

Stampin’! Up!’s Forever Fern was one of those sets that I just fell in love with the first time I saw it. And once I bought it, it didn’t disappoint. I believe it is one of those sets that’s called distinktive I just love how the ink pools lighter in some spots than others. Leaves and vines are some of my favorite designs to work with too. 

I used a variety of Memento green inks along with their Cantaloupe. SU!’s Granny Apple Green and Pumpkin Pie card stock played nicely with those inks.

The patterned paper is from SU! as well. I had to add a flower from another set because it seemed like all of the ends of the branches were bunched together, and they looked a little odd by themselves. Next time I think I’ll use a larger sentiment and place it there instead. 

I looked on Pinterest to get some ideas as to help better use this set and it seemed like a lot of other people had the same trouble too. Covering the area where the stems come together seems to be the best idea although I did see some other cute ways to use this set, too I hope to do that in the near future!

All things considered I really like this card. It seems perfect for spring and has an Easter sentiment on the inside. I’m hoping it will make someone happy this spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment