Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Free Clifford Digital Card

In The Angel Card Project group on Facebook this week there's a little boy who loves Clifford the Big Red Dog-and he's not the only one. I love Clifford too! He's one of the few cartoon characters who are popular now as well as when my kids were little. We watched Clifford on PBS back in the day and read Clifford books too. When I saw this post I knew that I wanted to make a Clifford card.

I started by searching for Clifford clip art and had no trouble finding a couple of adorable freebies that I used as digital stamps.

For his doghouse click HERE.

For him click HERE

The images were printed on 60# white card stock from Michaels. It's the only kind that I can run through my printer without it jamming.

Next I colored the two images with Copics then fussy cut them out. I had to look online to see what color his dog house is, and I think I came pretty close.

For the sky I hand cut a piece of card stock to resemble clouds and blended Stampin' Up! Balmy Blue Ink directly onto Balmy Blue Paper.

Then I glued down the dog house, cut a bit of grass with a Lawn Fawn die. Then I adhered Clifford with a Wobble Spring so it looks like he's running when you touch it. He's leaving in a red envelope, because this little boy loves the color red.

Part of the fun of being a card maker is being able to customize your artwork for your audience. I'm so glad I was able to find such cute clip art for free for this project. I won't get to see the face on the little boy whose mom requested this card, but I'm pretty sure he'll be really happy!

NOTE: You do have to be careful when coloring images that you've printed. I have found that the ink can make the black image bleed. That happened a little on this project, but it's not really noticeable. In order to prevent that, I color around the image as best I can rather than coloring over items like the collar and his name.

2 comments:

  1. I bet this is super cute in real life with that wobbler on Clifford. Wonderful digital image you unearthed on him. Awesome pet card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurie! Yes, I do love Wobblers and every time I use one I think, I've got to do this more. Thanks so much for the kind words! :)

      Delete