Saturday, February 11, 2023

My Biggest "Card" Ever!

Me with my big card!
When you make a lot of cards and take them to church, you're known as the card lady. People associate me with paper, scissors and glue, and it's an honor.

Because of that, this week I was asked if I could make a special “card.” Our pastor has been on a sabbatical for the past 6 weeks, and he'll be home soon. One of our church leaders asked if I would make a poster board for everyone to sign welcoming him home. I patterned the design on a regular sized card that I would usually make. This is what I came up with.

Making a giant card is kind of a challenge because most stamps would just get lost on the board. I relied on Stampin' Up!'s Masculine DSP and their Large Letters Dies. The colors are mainly Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce. 

Lastly, I added stars in the areas where the people will sign. I thought it would break up the white space and make the card look more complete. I think it turned out really well and I'm excited to see it put to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment