Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sweet Bunny Cards from Digital Images

I recently had 7 leftover card bases and matching envelopes from a Stampin' Up! kit. They were so beautiful that I didn't want to just get rid of them, but because of their colors they were a little hard to work with. I could picture them adorned with vintage bunnies, but I didn't have stamps that really worked. 

An ad for a company named The Hungry Jpeg appeared in my Facebook feed and I was intrigued. That's where I found these beautiful bunnies for only $5.00. I bought and downloaded them then had them professionally printed (which cost just .60 cents per sheet). I was able to put 4 on one sheet and 3 on the other, so printing them only cost $1.20.

The finished product is exactly what I had in mind for this project. I used some twine, rhinestones, lace, etc and embellished each one differently.

Some of them I fussy cut and embellished the edges with stickles. Others were just cut into squares and framed.

Digital stamps and images are perfect for those times when you want to make a specialty card but don't want to invest a lot of money. I especially use them for times when someone likes something a lot, for example, my brother is a bowler, but I wouldn't want to buy a set of bowling stamps because I wouldn't use them that much. They're also perfect if you're just starting out as a card maker.

I had a lot of fun making these because they're so different that the stamps and ink which I usually use.

The 7 on the right are going on the card rack that I take to church. I'm hoping that others will love receiving them as much as I loved making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment