Sunday, February 19, 2023

Inlaid Crosses

Needing to refresh my Easter card making stash, I just picked up this new set from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs. It took me quite a while to get to these little crosses completed. I had to run 7 pastel colors of card stock through the die cutting machine to get the pieces, plus black for the outline and white/blue for the base of the cross. I'm pleased with the look, and I do have 7 crosses to show for all my effort, but it was a lot of work. I think I'll try the watercoloring technique I saw on these and just make one next time.

I started with Stampin' Up! Balmy Blue bases, then embossed SU! Daffodil Delight card stock using Sunny Studio's Sunburst embossing folder. I used Daffodil Delight ink to darken the center or each sun, then put yellow Stickles on the rays.

The dies are called Inlaid Crosses and the wors are called Clean Line Faith, both from Stimon Says Stamp and CZ Design. The grass is SU!'s Granny Apple Green card stock cut with Lawn Fawn's grass die.

Having 4 cards made and 3 crosses ready for my next project is nice!

I have so many more Easter cards that I'm eager to make, and I'm glad I invested the time in these. I really think they'll brighten up someone's Easter this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment