Friday, February 10, 2023

Valentines Day for Mom

Perhaps we were all card makers back in elementary school. Remember creating those adorable homemade Valentines with scraps of construction paper and doilies? Those were such carefree times! And while life’s much more complicated these days, letting loose and making a frilly Valentine is a wonderful destresser. 

That’s where this card comes in. I wanted to make something really special for my mom this year. With my Dad having passed, she needs some extra love. 

In addition to Stampin’Up!’s Heart Happiness, which is one of my favorite sets, my supply list also includes:

  • SU! Real Red card Stock and Ink
  • SU! Poppy Parade Ink
  • SU! Melon Mamba Ink
  • White Card Stock
  • Dotted Ribbon
  • Papertrey Ink Hibiscus Burst Card Stock and Ink
  • Glitzy Paper with Silver Dots
  • Punched Paper Lace
  • Self-Adhesive Rhinestones

Lastly, I added a cheap foam sticker from the dollar store as a sentiment. I normally would use something more classy, but this just jumped out at me and I though it looked cute.

I had so much fun making this and she was so surprised when she opened her mailbox a week before Valentine's Day. I think it's good to send cards a little early that way the recipient gets to enjoy them a little longer! 🐌 

No comments:

Post a Comment