Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Shopping Our Stash #515 - Faces!

Today's card is a perfect combination of just what I needed to make and just what a challenge called for! Over at Shopping Our Stash their challenge is to use a human face on a card. And when my son needed a birthday card for a friend at work I knew just the stamp that I wanted to use. My Favorite Things has a stamp set called Sweet Birthday Wishes. She's my go-to when I want a cute birthday card for a younger girl. Well, this girl is probably 20, but when you're 61, she's younger!

Anyway, instead of using the sentiment in the MFT set, I used a birthday greeting from Stampendous called Spanish Messages. His friend recently arrived from Mexico and I wanted to wish her well in her native language. It's a set that I bought years ago and it always comes in handy at just the right time.

It seems like I had at least 20 different Copics out on the table as I colored her in. It's often difficult to find just the right combination. In fact, when I was done with her dress, it seemed to match her skin a little too much, but by choosing the right paper from Stampin' Up! for the background, it all fell into place. I framed it in Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chips card stock and tied it up with a ribbon from my stash.

This was a fun challenge and I'm grateful to share it over at Shopping Our Stash and to have a cute card to pass on!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a dia maravilloso (wonderful day)!

4 comments:

  1. She is just charming! And I love her with the sparkle and shine behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with our "Put Your Best Face Forward" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Your little baker with her sweet smiling face is perfect!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS515

    ReplyDelete