Thursday, February 29, 2024

Cardz 4 Guyz #341 - Fun Folds


Here's how I added the patterned
paper to the folded card.
It may sound crazy, but this card just kind of made itself in a way. When I first saw this challenge over at Cards 4 Guyz, I thought "I don't want to make a fun fold card. I'm not really that good at them." Then I was walking by my craft desk and thought, "give something a try." So I grabbed a sheet of 8.5 x 11 card stock and scored it 3" on each side. Then I measured 4.5" down and marked that point. Then I cut the sides.

I was thinking that the end result would be some sort of triangle, but it looked just like a shirt to me, so I ran with it. I added Stampin' Up!'s True Gentleman DSP and hand cut it just smaller than the place on the front. I hand measured and cut the two white collars and glued them down. Then inside the card I placed the paper going vertically. I knew I wanted to add a tag to make the greeting so I created my own. (See below to print one for yourself too.)

Choosing the buttons was difficult. It's
amazing how many look similar at first
but are actually a bit different from one another.

Looking at shirt tags online, I realized that most of them are on a vertical yoke that goes across the top, so I imitated that aspect of the men's shirt too. I printed out the tag at about 2.5" wide and sized the XXL tag accordingly. When I cut out the XXL tag, I folded it and taped it on, giving it a more authentic look.

The buttons are vintage from my collection.


Here's the card standing up. You can see the folds on each side.

Here's the pattern.


There's plenty of room to write inside the card too.

Here's the tag. I sized this 2.5" wide and printed it out.

The little XXL tag makes such a cute addition. You'll know how to size this according to the size on the larger tag. Be sure to allow enough room to fold it and tuck it under the big tag.

Well that's my take on the fun fold guy card! I had a blast doing this too. Thanks so much to everyone over at Cardz 4 Guyz for helping me make another great card that I would have never made without your inspiration! And thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. What a great card for a guy, wonderful instructions! I can imagine all the different papers that would be perfect to try with that. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cardz 4 guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Melanie! :)

      Delete