Sunday, January 28, 2024

Groundhog Day Card For Hubby


This Friday, February 2 is Groundhog Day, and to celebrate I created a greeting card to celebrate!

I'm pretty sure that Hallmark doesn't sell one of these. Of course there's not a lot of market for them, but having lived in Pennsylvania for 17 years with my hubby (and for 5 years as a child) Groundhog Day is a thing in our family. It's actually him who loves these little guys. 

We've never actually been to the Groundhog Day Festival in Punxsutawney, but we visited the town. It's adorable. We went to the Groundhog Museum and even visited the library, where they house the retired groundhogs from year to year. If you're ever in the area, it's worth a trip there.

To complete my card, I used the printable below, and mounted it on burgundy card stock. I added some floral paper to the side and finished it off with some twine, hoping to match his fur a little.

Clark is likely the only person in Florida to get a Groundhog Day card, but I think he'll really like it. If you know someone who may appreciate this adorable rodent, feel free to use this printable. 

Here's the free digi. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Page Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 
I hope you enjoy the freebie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment