Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday #639

They have a really cute and fun sketch over at Try A Sketch on Tuesday. I followed it fairly well, taking a few liberties with some of the elements.

My big thing on this card is that I used a stamp set that I got at the dollar store. I've never bought a stamp set there before, but when I saw this a few years ago, I thought it was adorable. As expected the ink did pool on the stamp, but using a stamping platform I was able to get a crisp image after three presses.

I wish now that I had used some paper for the strips that had a little bit more pattern in it, but I didn't want to have it compete with the little fussy-cut stamped images.

This set from Dollar Tree was well worth the $1.25 I spent on it. I love the nicer stuff, but it's fun to fill in with the cheaper stuff too. 

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Melon Mamba Card Stock
  • SU! Real Red Card Stock
  • Black Card Stock
  • Dollar Tree Valentine's Stamps
  • Embossed Hearts Patterned Paper (unknown brand)
  • Copics C3, E35, RV00, R35, RV52
  • Angel's Craft "Stone Stickers" 

After making this card I'll definitely keep an eye out for more rubber stamps next time I'm in Dollar Tree! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

12 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch - very cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, what a fun interpretation of our TSOT sketch! Offsetting the strips gives a more whimsical feel to the card. I agree that if you'd used a bolder pattern paper for the strips it would have hidden those adorable fussy cut elements. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and sense of fun with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative interpretation of the sketch and love the Love theme... pretty and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, creative take on the sketch! Such a wonderful card with all the fun die cuts! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun interpretation of our sketch. I really like the way you staggered the position of the vertical strips. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving kind words. It’s much appreciated!

      Delete
  6. Barb, this is such a fun Valentine's Day card! Sounds like you made a great purchase! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete