Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year Printable Freebies

There's just something special about the first day of a year. There's so much hope and it's good to put the past behind us. We're ready to give life a new try with resolutions and determination. It's a time of fresh starts. And if you're wanting to wish someone a Happy New Year, be sure to grab one (or both) of these printables. 

I had mine professionally printed out at Fed Ex and it only cost .68 cents for an 8.5 x 11 sheet of full color paper. (And if you want to be really thrifty, grab two other printables and line them up on the sheet. You can get 4 digital images on one sheet and the price is still the same).

So because I went to FedEx I didn't need to worry about the dark blue background using all my printer ink. But if you're using your home printer and want to be conservative with your cartridge use, you may want to grab the one with the white background. They're both nice and cheery.

For the dark background I simply mounted the trimmed image on pink card stock then on blue. I accented the edges with some purple washi tape. For the white background I cut out my image and mounted it on a piece of paper that looks like the sky. I bought that, as well as the rhinestones, at Michaels.

Rhinestones really make a card seem special, but they can be problematic. Even if the thickness is less than 1/4", my postal worker recommended putting a non-machinable stamp on because the sorting machines can grab the jewels and rip the envelope. I got a Christmas card this year that had an extra piece of blank card stock inside the envelope covering the rhinestones, so that's an option too.

However you choose to finish these cards doesn't really matter. Have fun with it, but what's important is that someone out there knows your thinking of them!

Here are the free printables. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Page Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 
I hope you enjoy the freebie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment