Thursday, January 4, 2024

Hooray In Bronze

I just stumbled upon a brand new challenge blog called Word Power. Anything goes, but you have to use a sentiment as the main focus of your card. I love that idea, so I created this card for that challenge, and combined it with one over at Double D Challenges. This month is their 8th birthday, so Happy Birthday to them! Their challenge is to make a birthday card with the color bronze optional.

My card starts with the only truly bronze item I have in my stash, which is a piece of glitter paper.  

The closest thing to bronze in my card stock stash was Stampin' Up!'s old Chocolate Chip. I have just a few very small pieces of this left them it's gone forever. I think I need to update my browns from them.

Here's my complete supply list:

  • Bronze Glitter Paper from Design Your Life
  • Speckletone True White Card Stock
  • Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip Card Stock
  • Bazzill Jawbreaker Card Stock
  • Neat & Tangled Hooray Words & Dies
  • SU! Star Dies
  • SU! True Gentlemen DSP

I'm really needing masculine birthday cards, so these two challenges were a perfect pick for me today. Be sure to check them both out and play along if you get a chance!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barb!! I'm so happy you have 'stumbled' upon us! Your card is AWESOME and exactly we are looking for in this newest challenge adventure! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER & DOUBLE D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene! Thank you so much for your kind words. I love both challenges, and the Word Power is so great because I do have a lot of words that I can use as a main focus. I'll definitely be back!

      Delete
  2. Wow! one card for two challenges, I love how you use the bronze on this one. So glad that you linked up with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! Thank you so much for your kind words. The bronze challenge was a challenge, but I like the card that it helped me create! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete