Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday/Double Trouble Challenges

Today is National Introvert Day and I'm celebrating - in my home and by myself! Truthfully, I scored at about 50/50 on the Myers Briggs Personality Test, but I definitely identify as an introvert. 

I found out about this celebratory day over at Double Trouble Challenge  because they had us use background paper to show if we're an introvert or extrovert. My card kind of reflects both. The main background is half and half while the inner background, just like my inner self, is introverted. 

That doesn't mean I don't like to talk to people. I thrive on one-on-one interactions. And even if I'm invited to a party, I usually don't want to go, but once I'm there I have a really good time.

Double Trouble also paired up with Try A Sketch On Tuesday. It's their first challenge with their new name and new focus which is a sketch each week. 

For my card I used a Stampin' Up! set that I just fell in love with, and when it went on sale I bought the whole collection. I think it was the coordinating envelopes that really did it for me. My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Tea Boutique Cards and Envelopes
  • SU! Cup of Tea Stamp Set & Dies
  • SU! Pearl Doily
  • SU! Garden Green Ink
  • SU! Poppy Parade Ink
  • SU! Baked Brown Sugar Ink
  • Twine (from Michaels)
I plan on putting an individually wrapped bag of tea inside this card when I send it to someone.

It was so much fun playing along with these two challenges and being a part of TSOT's new focus. Thanks to both great blogs for putting together some really fun challenges and for helping introverts everywhere celebrate!

22 comments:

  1. First of all, welcome to Double Trouble and our sister challenge Try a Sketch on Tuesday. Enjoyed reading your post. Love how you used both background personalities for your card using that pretty background paper and love your cup image and dimension to your card. If you like to combine challenges that's what Double Trouble encourages with optional fun twists and partnering with other challenges. And the nice thing about the sister challenge you can incorporate TSOT sketch with Double Trouble's themes and twists. Again, thanks for sharing your "Background Personality" and please come back and see what Double Trouble Things and Sneetches are up to for future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, thanks so much for your kind words! I will definitely play along in the future. It's such a fun idea and I enjoyed it very much! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the bright and cheerful colors of your paper and the die cut cup. A perfect way to send a bit of tea. Thank you for joining the challenge at Try a Sketch on Tuesday and playing along with our delightful sister challenge at Double Trouble. It really is double the fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kinds words Dena! It was a lot of fun and I'll be playing again! :)

      Delete
  3. Your card is beautiful! Love the Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paper is beautiful, and love the cup with the cute little tag! So glad you are joining with us over at Double Trouble. ~ Melanie - Double Trouble DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving kind comments Melanie! :)

      Delete
  5. Love your background with the focal teacup. Thanks for sharing with us at both Double Trouble and TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving EVERYTHING about this card! That pop of red and that tea cup is precious! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I love your dsp and the tea cup is so cute. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Laurie! :)

      Delete
  8. Your card is so fresh and lovely, Barb! What fun that you celebrated World Introvert Day with us. Welcome to both of our challenges - we hope you will play along with us in the future. Thank you for joining our first challenges for 2024. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie! I will be playing along again! :)

      Delete
  9. Barb, it sounds like you and I scored the same on MB! Your card is so perfect to show your personality... beautiful and balanced!! Thank you for joining both TSOT and DTC for our first challenges of the new year!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! That's so nice to hear that you're like me too. Both challenges were so much fun! Thanks so much for your kind words too! :)

      Delete
  10. Love your beautiful, bold flower filled cup, Barb. I'm an introvert too, but still like to spend time with friends! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  11. This is seriously SO SO cute!! So glad to see you join at TSOT and Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellianne, thank you so so much for your kind words! I enjoyed both challenges! :)

      Delete