Monday, January 1, 2024

Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenge #5

Good news from the Christmas BINGO Challenge Team! We are now opening up our challenges to any kind of holidays and celebrations, not just Christmas and are now called Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges! We still have the BINGO Card to follow for our challenges, and are asking that three of the five spaces are used in your creation. (One of which can be a free space.)

We're very excited about all the new opportunities that this will open up for us, and we hope you'll play along and spread the word too! Here’s our new logo:




For my first card of 2024, I've chosen Column B and the elements I used were Green, Digital Image, and Buttons.

I've started by creating a digital snowman (feel free to use the artwork below). I had him printed at FedEx, giving him a shiny and durable (the ink doesn't run if it gets wet) finish. But you can print him at home too. I then trimmed the paper and mounted him on Stampin’ Up!’s Chocolate Chip card stock and again on Old Olive card stock. 

What I love about this guy is that he's not necessarily Christmas, although he could be. Instead of a Christmas greeting, I made him to simply say "Warm Winter Wishes." Perfect for a January or February card. And super-perfect if you forgot to mail someone a Christmas card. It's not too late!

The buttons are from a vintage collection that I picked up at a thrift store. I believe they are mother-of-pearl, which is the inside layers of a shell. They are slightly translucent and brownish on the backs. The other trim is gingham washi tape from Simple Stories.

If you download the digital image, you can put it in a document and resize it a little bigger or smaller depending on what size card you want. I made him about 4 x 5.5 and mounted him on a 5 x 7 card front.

Here's the free digi. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Page Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 

I hope you enjoy the freebie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. And if you haven't joined us over at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges, be sure to stop by and play along. It's a lot of fun!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, this snowman is adorable! Just popping in to wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, thank you so much! Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb, your card is lovely and that snowman image so cute! Those buttons are an excellent match to the overall look of your card.
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my stitched card. I have done quite a bit of stitching on cards over time using different dies. The reason I like this one is that it is really a paper canvas and allows for one's own pattern rather than a pattern determined by the die. I hope you try some stitching sometime, it is fun.
    Sending HUGs
    Monica C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Monica! I know exactly what you mean by not being locked in to a specific pattern. I used to cross stitch a lot back in the day, and I really should give it a try on some of my cards. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your cute snowman and he makes such a wonderful card!

    Thanks so much for welcoming me to the Design Team and all the best for 2024 to you too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete