Friday, January 26, 2024

Shopping Our Stash For Fairy Tales


Well once again it's a challenge that really got my creative juices flowing today. And thanks to everyone over at Shopping Our Stash, I was able to create a card that I never would have without the challenge.

This week they wanted our theme to be Fairy Tales. I had to really look hard through my hundreds of stamps, and this was the only one that seemed to qualify. It's from a Stampin' Up! set called Swan Lake. And I believe the fairy tale that I'm thinking of is about the ugly duckling that grows up to be a beautiful swan. And that's why I also put the sentiment 'sweet, beautiful you...' on the card as well.

I tried to keep it a little magical by using butterfly papers and silver trimmings. My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Swan Lake Stamp Set
  • White Card Stock
  • Coluzzle Ovals
  • Silver Paper from Michaels
  • Silver Twine (from my stash)
  • Paper from Kat Scrapiness
  • Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
  • Copics C00,C3,V04, Y38, Y02, YG13, B52 & RV55
  • Sentiment "Warm Fuzzies" from Impression Obsession

I have a wonderful friend who's maiden name is Swan and I think I'll send this card to her for no reason at all. 

Thanks again to everyone over at Shopping Our Stash for another fun challenge, and thanks for stopping by today! 

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful swan....an honor to the Ugly Duckling fairytale! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "Once Upon A Time" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Deb Horst, DT #SOS513

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on this card, they are so vibrant and cheery! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malka, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Chana! 🥰

      Delete